WORRY “WORTH CONSIDERING” 4/17/19 (On my desk this morning… VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU.)
“And who of you by worrying can add one hour to [the length of] his life?” (Matthew 6:27 )
Refuse To Worry!
God doesn’t want you to live worried and anxious about anything. He knows that worry is counterproductive. It steals your peace and joy and affects every area of your life, even your sleep! Have you heard the saying, “Don’t worry yourself sick?” Yes, worrying will actually make you physically ill. You won’t ever gain anything by worrying, in fact it causes you to lose precious moments that you can never live again. The good news is, God has promised to bring you victory over worry. When you make the choice to put an end to worry, God will give you His peace. Decide today to put an end to worry in your life. Don’t feed worry by focusing on bad news all the time. Sure, we should be informed, but we should be most informed of the truth of the Word of God. Choose today to feed your faith and fill your heart and mind with God’s promises. Declare every day, “My God shall supply all my needs. He makes a way out of no way. He is a Restorer and Redeemer.” As you focus on God’s Word, you’ll drive out worry and fill your heart with faith and expectancy. You’ll be filled with hope and joy and move forward into the blessings God has in store for you!
A Prayer for Today
“God, I am weary from worrying. Please help me to stop the soundtrack of needless worry that plays over and over again in my head. I want to place my fears and concerns in Your hands and live in peace knowing that You will fulfill all of your precious promises to me.”
As I look back over my life time of many years it seems that over 90% of the times that I had worry or concern ended up having no basis in fact and did not happen. And probably the other 10% ended up being good for me in the long run. There is a supernatural law of GOD at work in the Universe to teach us about ourselves and others and HIM. It is called sowing and reaping. It simple means that what you plant, will grow and come back to you only more. You plant hate, you get hate. You plant love, you get love. If you plant weeds, you get weeds and in abundance. Some say that 5 minutes of anger will shut down our immune system for the whole day.
Also what we do in faith towards GOD makes it possible for HIM to bless us. What we do in anger, lust, pride and rebellion always ends up being painful for us. We can learn the same lessons on either side. On one side is Joy but on the other it is painful. But eventually most of us learn to try to stay away from pain.
And of course living in the past is a waste of time, nothing can be done about it except repentance and restitution if possible. But to carry a grudge or vendetta is a total waste of today and destroys the potential of the first day of the rest of your life. And to be concerned about tomorrow is also a waste of time as it is not here yet and so nothing can be changed as we do not know all of the circumstances that will be there for tomorrow.
The Holy Bible teaches that TODAY only, is the day of salvation. It will always be a today if you get saved from a black eternity. You can not count on being saved tomorrow as death sometimes comes very quickly and then there is no time left to sort it all out. So please, for your souls sake, take time today to read John, Acts and Romans in the New Testament, especially John 3 & Rom.10:9-10. It is faith that saves us, not works. The Bible does not teach Karma that good works can out weigh bad. We are born in a lost world and are born spiritually dead and we have all sinned. We need a spiritual birth in Christ Jesus as LORD to be forgiven and become spiritually alive. This can only happen as a TODAY in time, it may not happen tomorrow.
(For he saith, I have heard e in a time accepted, and in have I succoured e: behold, accepted time; behold, .) 2 Cor. 6:2 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, come , and strength, and kingdom our God, and power his Christ: for accuser our brethren cast down, which accused m before our God and night. Rev.12:10
Yours, in HIS great love and wonderful grace and mercy, Ken<>< www.Trinity-Aloha.org
(This file also contains all of the past “Worth Considering Notes” as a link on that Home Page.)