When I do a word search on the word Tradition I find about 29 scriptures using the word and many more relating to the word. And I find there can be Good Traditions and Bad according to Holy Scripture. So in my latter years I have been wondering why if we do what God want’s us to do then why the absence of power as experienced by the Early Church.
So trying to be objective I have found some things that may be a problem.
1.) Personal holiness, God can not use an unclean vessel. It must first be washed by King Jesus through repentance, restitution, forgiveness and restoration. This is a life long process of sanctification to help us learn to be like Jesus. 1 John 4:16. But it has a beginning when we ask Jesus to be our LORD & SAVIOR.
2.) We have been taught it is OK in Church to ‘Agree to Disagree. In love, of course. But this is contrary to our Lord’s prayer of John 17. especially verses 20-26. Also we don’t know how to make solid connections, like wires in a car. A corroded connection can leave you stranded just when you need your car to run well. Also we have learned with batteries that the more we have in series or parallel with good connections the brighter the lights that can be turned on.
3.) Also what we sow, we will always reap. If we coddle attitudes of fear, pride, lust, hate, greed, disobedience and take them with us and sow them into our homes and church and families, we will have no end of pulling weeds. I have an ½ acre in So. Captain Cook and the weeds love it with all of the rain and sunshine. And I know that if I don’t get them pulled early, they make another big crop of weeds, all by themselves. Prov.6:16 is a good sampling along with the Big Ten in Exodus 20.
So what are some of the traditions that we do that are not in the Early Church…
1. As Christians making Jesus LORD (king, boss, general) of our lives the authority that Jesus sent was the Holy Spirit to guide the Church Elders, Eph. 4:11 into lifting up Jesus. So if the so called church lifts up anything other than Jesus, God will not confirm with power. This can be way subtle. Once had a guy give a Jesus testimony and used the word “I” about 150 times, long testimony, So it was really, all about him, not Jesus. Or it can be about the denomination or about the Church Building. Listened to a lady one time just give a travelogue on her vacation to South America. 2 Tim. 3:5…..
2. Not one word in the New Testament about tithing, As a Christian, we are into it for 100% or not at all. In the New Testament we are to find out what the Holy Spirit wants us to give and do that. We are not under a law, we are under God Grace in the New Testament.
3. Not one word in the New Testament about building anything. Not wrong to build something but the LORD’S CHURCH is the people not the steeple. God does not need our money to do what HE wants to do. But we need to learn to trust HIM with our money so that our money does not replace HIM. Money is only frozen energy that can be used for the Kingdom of for the comforts of self. It is God’s way of allowing us to enjoy being partners with HIM in the building of the Bride of Christ/Church/Body of Christ/Rod of Iron. We are in the process of learning to be humble and obedient so that we can live with our Heavenly Creator in righteousness without blowing up the rest of HIS creation.
4. If you are interested in finding a good home church, 1 Cor.14:26-33 would be a good start as an example of the forum, interactive, gathering that allows the Holy Spirit to take over and to guide the time of the gathering. And it is exciting, you never know what is going to happen. And it is not antiseptic and traditional at all. Every gathering has a gentle overview as in Acts.2:41-47. Now notice they went out evangelizing in the morning at the Temple or where ever and then on Sat. evening they would get together for a wonderful time of fellowship where ever there was space available. They actually walked through the furnishing of the tabernacle of Moses in the wilderness as being prophetic. Look it up in my book, “Keys To The Kingdom” free, on line, OhanaChruch.Life. link at bottom of page. OR https://trinity-aloha.org/keys-to-the-kingdom/house-church/
5. As we read the Book of Acts we are shown what the Early Church really looked like and it was an amazing Church started by the Holy Spirit. In Acts 5:16 we find this interesting note, “and them that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one. Paul Confirms this as the vision for our time as well in 2 Tim.3:5, “ holding to a form of [outward] godliness (religion), although they have denied its power [for their conduct nullifies their claim of faith]. Avoid such people and keep far away from them.” 1 John 4:17, “In this [union and fellowship with Him], love is completed and perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment [with assurance and boldness to face Him]; because as He is, so are we in this world.”
There is so much and more that needs to change to get back to the Original Vision of Christ Jesus for HIS CHURCH…. Yours, in HIS great Love and wonderful Grace and Mercy, Ken<><
More INSPIRING QUOTES
“The testimony of the lips indicates the state of the heart.” – Harry Ironside. “God never alters the robe of righteousness to fit the man. Rather He alters the man to fit the robe.” – John Hagee.
“You can’t develop character by reading books. You develop it from conflict.” – Leonard Ravenhill. “Earnestness is enthusiasm tempered by reason.”- Blaise Pascal. “The seed dies into a new life, and so does man.” – George Macdonald. “Doctrine is useless if it is not accompanied by a holy life. It is worse than useless; it does positive harm. Something of ‘the image of Christ’ must be seen and observed by others in our private life, and habits, and character, and doings.” – J. C. Ryle. “Character will take you further than knowledge.” – Jack Wellman. “The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
– Helen Keller
And all who Love, Honor and Obey HIM as LORD are eternal members
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!