Spiritually, my life has been sort of like that. Started out with the Anglican Episcopal Church as having St. Peter’s Keys to the Kingdom but unlocking very little. Then the Methodist took a turn at it when 16, lasted about 9 months. Then I studied all kinds of religious stuff and finally made up my own “Cosmic Glue Theology” Which did not work either. At age 22 I finally met a real Christian. I am sure Floyd was not totally perfect yet at 19 but he was the best example of Christ that I had every seen to that time in 1955. He was walking a walk that I would have expected from Jesus and it sure grabbed my attention.
Floyd was able to answer some of my many questions and help me come to a place of seeing that I needed a Savior like Christ Jesus and in about 6 months I got in the door but then also into a holding pen of a little box church which had it’s own traditions. After 13 years in that little box a painter came to paint my house and spent more time with me sharing on the need to make Christ Jesus LORD and receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit for power. Of course the infusion of power was based on my capacity and faith and the Holy Spirit. But that experience in 1968 drastically changed my life and placed me in a growing ministry that I still feel to this day. Of course during that interum I checked out the Quakers, Nazarene, Full Gospel, Baptist, 4 Square, Brethren, Congregational, Orthodox and Roman boxes as well as the Eastern Religions. Most was discarded but some of what I have learned now at being 87 is as follows.
1. God’s love is never in a box or limited or fearful. It is always seeking to help the lost to find Jesus and bring them into a living unity of truth, peace and joy in HIM, no one is ever rejected due to smell. John 3:16-18:
2. With God there is no disunity, no division, no confusion God’s TRUTH is Yea and Amen!!! Divisions come through man’s pride and ego with the Ivory tower kingdom building of denominations. There there is but one Church of Christ Jesus and all who truly love and obey HIM will seek loving unity and be confirmed members of HIS Kingdom by their actions. 1 Cor. 14:26-33 “
3. And with God, HE resists the proud and give HIS grace to the humble. That prior to honor is humility. That as Jesus had no concern about HIS reputation in doing the works of God that neither should we. That our obedience to HIS TRUTH is much better than any sacrifice. That GOD is looking for those who will humble themselves and obey HIS Word regardless of the consequences in this temporary dimension of time and testing. That we become obedient to sharing HIS word with even rebuking if needed and in being long suffering and with sound doctrine as well as to speak the truth in love to build and to comfort each other. 2 Tim.16: “ All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately—behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage];”
4. That we follow the ABC direction in the WORD OF GOD for the building of HIS CHURCH. That we take the scriptures in context from the NEW TESTAMENT and place them on a table and move them around until they all fit into place with each other in showing us what HIS Church really looks like. Today we do many things that are traditional that prevent the Holy Spirit from moving in power. St. Paul gave a prophesy for our time about this in 2 Tim. 3:1-7: “
5. Salvation is a gift through faith in Christ Jesus as LORD and is the gateway for us to learn about righteousness so we can be changed to be able live with our Holy Creator for eternity in HIS righteousness. This process is called Sanctification or to actually learn to be HOLY. John 17:16-18, “