PRAYER IN UNITY, “WORTH CONSIDERING” 9/2/20 From Ken<><
Today’s Scripture (Across my desk this morning from a church in Texas.)
“Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church….”(Acts 12:5, NKJV)
Prayer Makes the Difference
King Herod hated believers so much that he had the apostle James killed, then he had Peter put in prison. With chains on both wrists, Peter was guarded by four squads of soldiers to make sure he didn’t escape. Today’s Scripture says the church was in prayer constantly for Peter, asking God to somehow bring him out. While they were praying in the middle of the night, an angel showed up in the prison and woke Peter up. He was sleeping, not praying, but he had friends who were praying. The chains fell off Peter’s wrists, and they walked past two guard posts and the prison’s iron gate opened on its own accord. Peter’s life was spared. Are you praying for others? All of your family members, friends, and relatives should be like Peters. Cover them in prayer. When you pray, Red Seas part, hungry lions can’t open their mouths, cancer is overcome, blessings rain down. Your prayer can bring an angel.
A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You that when I pray, something powerful happens, supernatural things take place. Help me to develop a habit of praying for others and be patient and stay faithful when I don’t see anything happening. I believe that my prayers make a difference. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
For some time now I have been considering this subject. As often we pray for things and it does not happen. So what are the things that may make prayer more effective:
1. A place where you can go and feel safe and undisturbed. This is different for different kinds of people. Some are less sensitive to their environment and others are more. But a place where you feel the Holy Spirit would be comfortable.
2. Time to get through the mind clutter of junk that we are trying to clear every day. Things we need to do, things that are wrong, unforgiving attitudes towards others. We want God to forgive us? We need to let every one else go that have wronged us… It is in the WORD to let all go as we also want to be free of judgment for ourselves.
3. Is what we are praying for a piece of Adam’s world or for the Holy Kingdom of God, Is it for the lust of the flesh and eyes and pride of life. Or is it needed to help myself and others to find a closer walk with God in the HOLY SPIRIT? Is it really in the will of God for me or us?
4. Is there unity in the prayer with others of like faith? With 2 in accord in prayer the requests are 5 times more powerful than praying solo. 1 Peter 3 tells us that unless the wife and husband are in unity in prayer, their prayers will not get through.
5. “Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say infinitely when you mean very; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.” C. S. LEWIS
6. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, Heb. 11, And it takes a lot to make a change in the Heart to have heart faith. But it is heart faith that get’s us saved. It is heart faith that get’s us filled with the Holy Spirit for Power. And it is the faith of God that even holds each atom together in the universe. Our Heavenly Father is wanting to teach us to walk in faith in prayer. When we begin to see faith as real substance in our heart that is when we will see the results. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
7. Want to grow in faith so that your prayers are answered? Get yourself a audio copy of the New Testament with a convenient way of listening. Alexander Scorby narrates a King James reading that is perfect. At least my choice. Listen to the New Testament over and over and over until you heart has recorded every word. And you will see your faith grow and grow and grow and soon mountains will start to be removed from out of your way. Before you even pray you will have the knowledge in your heart that it is already done. That our Creator already knew that you would be praying that prayer in faith and already has the answer on the way. In the Gospels note all the things that Jesus could do and not do according to their faith…. Even in his home town He could not do many mighty works due to their unbelief. And yet the Roman Commander got his servant healed at home in his death bed by his faith.
Worthy Brief <email@example.com President Donald Trump announced Monday that the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice are starting a joint investigation into what the president called “left-wing civil unrest” in “Democrat-run cities,” VOA News reports. Trump added that over 200 people have now been arrested by federal agencies, including 100 in Portland, Oregon alone. With his numbers starting to sag in the polls, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden looks to be trying to reinvent himself as the kinder, gentler, law and order candidate. A federal intelligence alert obtained by the ABC7 I-Team has gone out to Chicago-area law enforcement with an ominous warning: nearly three dozen cold-blooded street gangs “have formed a pact to ‘shoot on-sight any cop that has a weapon drawn on any subject in public’.” In a letter to Portland’s Democrat Mayor Ted Wheeler — who has blamed President Trump for the riots and violence in his city — Homeland Security Acting Secretary Chad Wolf states that Wheeler’s failure to take action against the radical activists “has fostered an environment that has fueled senseless violence and destruction.”